Saturday, June 24, 2006

Under my new carpet....

well i doubt very seriously anyone wants to see photos of my new carpet...that would just be boring. but you might want to see what's under the new carpet. kids love to do things that they think they aren't supposed to do...like paint the living room floor. this kept them (and me) busy for hours! unfortunatley you can no longer see what we painted now but we know it's there and maybe in another 20 years whoever owns this house will get a big surprise if they decide to put in new carpet.




waverly painting...she actually started with sidewalk chalk then decided to paint on top of that.


courtney painted this one....copied from a cover of an old book of poetry she has in her collection.




and my painting...i got a bit carried away with the magenta! yes those are my toes....they often make appearances in my photos ;-)

3 Comments:

Janet said...

What a fun idea! I'm sure your kids enjoyed every minute of it, and will remember it for years to come....the day mom let us paint on the floor.

Robin said...

How totally fun is this!!!

Kivett-Studio said...

Yes yes, i'm sure this kids will remember this always...making memories! and of course 20 some odd years from now when someone else may own this home and decide to put in new carpet they will get quite the surprise ....a buried treasure of sorts!