Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Graceful girl - doll series


I'm really having fun with the graceful girl series....this doll was washed in magenta then in black to tone the brightness down a bit. i did a small amount of beading and wire wrapping to create the crown. i stayed up waaaay past my bedtime last night working on her...which wasn't hard to do with all the fireworks and sirens going off last night.

We spent our 4th of july quietly at home. not that we didn't try to have a little fun. we started off by heading to the park where they shoot off the fireworks but it was so overly crowded and the girls couldn't find an open area to play frisbee, so we ended up going home. which was fine with me, i'm a homebody and would rather stay in and make art anyway.... ;-)

2 Comments:

Abbie said...

I adore your doll series! They are fabulous! (and I also enjoyed the painted floor!.. what fun!)
I'll be back..
:) Abbie

Frivolitea said...

I really like your dolls. Beautiful and sort of primal.