Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer Strawberries

Instead of the typical doll forms that are floating around, i thought it would be fun to bead something a little different.... STRAWBERRIES! I didn't really use a pattern when cutting these, just freehanded them, so each one is going to be unique. I LOVE strawberries, unfortunately i can't eat them due to allergies....one bite and they turn me all red and splotchy in random places on my body. Although every so often I'll risk the rash and sneek a nibble....usually in mid summer at the height of strawberry season when the grocery stores are overstocked and it's so hard to resist the temptation.


If you too need some strawberries to bead, instead of eat, i have extra forms available at my website. Just click the strawberries to head over there :-)
And just a quick update for Bead E art Zine #5.....ALL preorders have been shipped! Most of you have probably already gotten your copy by now. if you haven't then please let me know.
EDITED TO ADD:
Well I can't wait to see everyones beaded strawberries!

And since there IS some interest in beading something other than dolls....maybe I'll see what other fun forms I can come up with this summer. Any suggestions will be cheerfully attempted ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDITED AGAIN so i can keep track of ideas:
So far form suggestions include....
dolphins
leaves
more fruit
anything outerspace
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'll see what i can come up with once these kids go back to school!
xoxo....
Ronda

8 Comments:

sammy said...

I love your idea of Strawberries... what fun it would be to bead one in lots of yummy red! Here in Oregon we have, I think, the best strawberries ever! We are almost done with our peak season of strawberries and now waiting for all of black berries to come on... Yummy...

Jodie said...

Yum! I just ordered mine--can't wait!! Thanks for sewing them up for me!

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Oh boy! I made strawberry shortcake yesterday for the familia and we all LOVED every bite! This idea is fab Ronda, but how to resist taking a bite out of the stuffed form???

Jodie said...

Wow! I got my strawberries in the mail today and they're fan-tas-tic!! I'm trying to decide how much I want to bead them--a little or a lot??

Sarebear said...

I've never bead embroidered yet; these are the first forms that have ever made me want to bead something stuffed; I have NO interest in beading dolls or doll forms! Thanks, just ordered a pair!

Kivett-Studio said...

Well I can't wait to see everyones beaded strawberries!

And since there IS some interest in beading something other than dolls....maybe I'll see what other fun forms I can come up with this summer. Any suggestions will be cheerfully attempted ;-)

Ronda

Sarebear said...

dolphin(s)? I love those, hee hee!

Fruit, leaves (w/fall coming up, but they could be beaded any season! and in small or med or large sizes, too!)

Planets! Anything outer space! Or science, that'd be a fun juxtaposition of subject, form, and materials! ( I have a unique imagination, can you tell??)

Kivett-Studio said...

LOL Sarebear, funny you should mention dolphins...i've actually beaded a small dolphin brooch before. So yeah maybe it would be a good idea to make some fishy forms! And I love the idea of making leaves for fall and other fruits. And i'm always open to the idea od making cosmic/ outerspace forms as well.

We shall see what i can come up with once these kids go back to school and i have more time to myself.


Thanks for all your suggestions!
Ronda