Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Pink Artists


Monica (Girl Gone Thread Wild) is hosting an artist collaboration for charity called "The Pink Artists". All proceeds will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.



Since I don't know anyone close to me that has had to battle breast cancer, I decided to make a single square with a handstitched "yo-yo cervix" in the center for each woman in my family (including myself) that has had their own experience with cervical cancer.

Thanks for hosting this project Monica.... my squares are on the way!

3 Comments:

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Kivett, you are a wonderful example of just what a PINK artist is- lovely, courageous, exploratory artist with a HUGE heart!

Thank you for creating these, now that the deadline for sign up has been met I believe the doll creation will go fast now! :)

Art on, Monica

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

got 'em! Safe & sound... and posted to our parade. Come see, the new batch of 2x2's is there too. I'm thinking of taking an entire week off to work on this doll.... yes, quite an undertaking but so worth it in the end. Lots of looooove in this project. Thanks for creating with us Kivett- several others have written in about cervical cancer... and colon cancer... lung cancer... it's all really so moving, together our squares willmake a huge difference.

~Monica

freebird said...

I saw your squares on Monica's page and liked the yoyos but didn't know their meaning. They turned out very nice. This is going to be a super doll isn't it?

I used one of your free doll patterns for a doll for my sister whose husband committed suicide last year. I used the butterfly winged one and made it an in-between size. I also stitched between the body and the wings for more emphasis. You can see what I did on my blog http://freebirdsings.blogspot.com. Thank you for giving out the pattern. At the time, I didn't feel like drawing one up; I just wanted to get to beading. I don't enjoy sewing though so the next one may come from your shop!