Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Remodeling



Wow, it's been 4 months since i've updated my blog. Let's play catch-up!
It all started with the kitchen remodel...back in mid september. We decided to do most of the work ourselves and discovered it would take all of our free time.


Here are a few before and after shots of the kitchen. The before photo was taken when the previous owner lived here. Notice the scary pink and turquoise southwestern style border along the ceiling that we had grown to despise.....GONE!


We updated the cabinets by removing the old finish and staining them a dark chocolate mohogany color. Hubby sanded his heart out while I was in charge of staining, glazing and sealing.


Painted the walls a dusty purple. Layed our own porcelain tile. Had Cambria Quartz counter tops installed. And the icing on the cake....shiny new appliances! It was a lot of work, but well worth the effort! I have a few photos in my Flickr gallery if you're interested in seeing the disaster that we called a kitchen during the process of the remodel.

Now we're in the process of remodeling our bedroom ceiling after a water pipe exploded from the cold and flooded the attic. Hopefully that won't take more than a few weekends to fix.

I've also been doing a little remodeling of my blog over the last few months. It still doesn't look exactly the way I had envisioned so I'll just keep working on it little by little.
Speaking of remodeling, for the new year someone remodeled my car by running a stop sign and plowing into me! Not exactly smartest way to remodel a car...but that's a story for another time.



1 Comments:

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Great shots! You guys did a fantastic job, very nice! Love those countertops and that you did it yourself...well, was it worth the aggrevation Ronda? ;) Very warm kitchen, especially like the new paint job.

Sorry to read about your car, SO GLAD you are ok! That your car was the only thing injured is good tho! My bro, the doc tells me some frightful stories- stay safe and enjoy that new home of yours. ~Monica