Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Beaded bird in progress

It's been a while since I've completed any beading projects. I just can't seem to find the time to bead. So I started small. Here is my latest work in progress... a beaded bird. Since it is rather small (about 2x3), I should be able to make time to actually finish it!
I began by stiching the eyes and brick stitch beak to the blank bird form, then began covering it with turquoise and green seed beads (mainly backstitch), and a little fringe plume on top. Halfway done after just a few hours of beading. I think if I can manage to make an entire flock of birds they would look adorable hanging from the rafters on my back deck.

If anyone wants to bead along with me, I now have two bird forms for sale on Etsy... I plan to sew up more of these today in a rainbow of colors.


4 Comments:

Lora said...

OMG this is too cute! Can't wait to see him all finished.

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Love these! The colors are gorgeous! xo, Monica

twenty pound tabby said...

I like bead embroidery, but this is way beyond what I do.

Claire said...

Love this!