Monday, September 08, 2008

Watson Lake



Scott and I went hiking near Watson lake yesterday and came across a giant rattlesnake! I nearly had a heart attack! I never need to see another snake for as long as i live. The beast held us up for a good 10-15 minutes because we couldn't get around him on the trail. Well I couldn't get by, Scott wasn't afraid to walk by while the snake was pointed in the opposite direction, slooowwwwly slithering away, but stopping to glare at me and flick his tongue every few seconds. I on the other hand needed more than 6 feet between us to pass without having a panic attack. I had my camera but refused to try and take a picture of the snake. As if snapping a quick photo would anger it even more than our trespassing it its territory.... I'd rather take pictures of something a little more pleasant anyway....scenery! I love the reflection of the clouds in the water, and not a single snake to be seen.


4 Comments:

Auntie Karen said...

What, no picture of the giant rattler? Looks like a great hike.

The Lone Beader said...

Oh no! A rattlesnake would scare me! :o

david santos said...

Great!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Maggie R said...

I hate snakes too, but I do love your pictures of the hike.. Beautiful area....
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie