Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Weekend in Phoenix

I spent last weekend in Phoenix. A day at the HissyFits craft fair then we checked out Courtney's new apartment that she'll be moving into the first week of November. The craft fair was filled with all sorts of interesting items but all the girls were worried about was finding shade. Courtney curled up under the table to read a book and in no time drifted off to sleep, as if she were still an infant. I never will understand how small children can so easily fall asleep at anytime/anyplace. Here's my fully grown baby snoozing under the table, using her giant purse as a pillow. At one point her hand flopped out from under the table cloth....I can't even begin to imagine what craft fair shoppers may have been thinking!



Waverly, on the other hand, kept herself amused by taking pictures of me, taking pictures of her. I was amused by shoppers....people watching can be so much fun. Especially when they see a table full of my handmade monsters. One boy, must have been about 8 years old, stopped and touched nearly every single monster on my table as he described and commented on each one....then said that I must really be weird for making all those monsters!

Note to self: MUST stop at Krispy Kreme Donuts the next time we go down to Phoenix. I've missed Krispy Kreme, but they've finally reopened stores down around Phoenix...I am so there next time!

4 Comments:

machinarex said...

Ahh, if only *we* could sleep that sleep!

Wait, you've been existing w/out Krispy Kreme's?? HOW??

The Lone Beader said...

The pumpkin donuts are so cute! All of our Krispy Kreme's closed. :(

Leslie Todd said...

When he was about six my son crawled under one of my tables at a show. It was a hot day, and it was cool under the table. After a while, a woman we know came in. He reached out and grabbed her ankle and she nearly had a heart attack. Luckily it was someone we knew.

Jean said...

oh my gosh ladies! I wonder how many of us have the same sort of memory. My daughter use to make a fort under my tables. Art supplies, food and books to keep her amused. When she visited at Christmas this year she talked about her favorite memory when she reached out to retrieve a crayon and brushed a lady's leg. Well that scream has stayed with her. thanks for sharing,
Karma